Swedish Agency for Accessible Media, MTM, produces and distributes literature, newspapers and periodicals in accessible format to persons with reading impediments. We also actively participate in the development of accessible media.
We disseminate information and promote an understanding of talking books, Braille, sign language literature, talking newspapers and reading impairment. We make sign language literature accessible, and provide support to talking newspapers.
We make our products accessible through our library, legimus.se. Pursuant to Copyright Act Section 17, we enable libraries and other institutions to download and distribute literature to persons with reading impediments. The libraries can also register users for the Personal Download Service so that they can use the legimus.se library on their own. MTM is also tasked with making required reading accessible to students at colleges and universities.
We lend out:
- Talking books
- Braille books
- Sign language literature
- Programs for reading talking books on computers, and apps for mobile telephone and tablets
- Courses, conferences and study days for various target groups
- Transcription of texts as Braille for individual readers of Braille
- Information material regarding talking books, Braille and reading impairment
- Subscriptions to various talking newspapers and Braille periodicals
We provide information about:
- Reading impairment
- Research and development in the field
- How we work with accessible media
- Books in Braille
- Talking books
- Tactile picture books
- Gift books
- Braille calendars